How Quick to Renew your Drivers License

The reason why the expiration date of your drivers license is the same as your birthday is that you will not forget. But for a lot of us, we tend to o the opposite.

Yes, I forgot to renew my driver license yesterday and I rushed to the nearest LTO Drivers License Renewing Station (Ayala MRT Station) and have gone through process. If your thinking to ask a fixer to do it for you, DON’T if will be a waste of money for the process is very quick. Well for my case it only took less than 30 mins.

I arrive at the Ayala MRT station 10mins before 12 noon. The person on window 1 told me that the processing of my application will start after 1pm. First thing that came to my mind was “Republic Act 9485 of 2007”  the “no-noon break” policy for all government offices. but that is another story, for now the simple process of renewing your drivers license is as follow:

1. complete the renewal application form

This is easy for you will be writing all your personal data on the application form. dont forget to bring all the original document which is the drivers license ID.

2. go have a medical check (NO DRUG TEST)

in the case of the  LTO Drivers License Renewing Station (Ayala MRT Station) it just next door. it will costs you Php200.00. After paying wait for name to be called, then the medical examiner will do a medical check. In my case it was measuring my weight (on a bathroom weighing scale) and measuring my height (with a colorful layout on the wall with animals). no eye exam, or medical history check or anything medical for that matter.

Yes, it cost me Php200.00 to have my measure weight and height. don’t ask me why it cost that much. Then go back to Window 1 to pass your application form and wait to be called.

3. photo taking and Digital Signature

don’t bother to look good, cause there’s just 8% that your photo will look good. this process will only take less than a minute then wait for your name to be called

4. Cashier

if you don’t got a hit or any unpaid ticket then it will be time to shed some cash. normal fee will be:

License Fee : 300.00

Computer Fee : 67.63 (yes, the poor preiveledge drivers will need to pay for the cost of computer)

in my case an additional Pph75.00 Penalty Fee. i paid Php492.63 not including the expensive measurement i got of Php200.00

5. issuance of OR and your renewed Driver License ID

then all you need to do is wait till your name is called for the last time for the issuance of OR and your renewed Driver License ID. but for me I will need to go back next week for there is no available ID.

But the thing is the renewal process is quick and simple to do. no need for fixers to be in the middle. well this is with the LTO Drivers License Renewing Station (Ayala MRT Station).

27 thoughts on “How Quick to Renew your Drivers License

• April 7, 2014 at 7:36 pm

my license will expire this weekend and you post helped a lot…thanks! =).

• April 15, 2014 at 9:15 am

Were you able to get your ID already? I renewed mine last March 28 and been trying to call them but no one is answering.

• April 16, 2014 at 8:05 am

Yes, I just did yesterday. Just give your receipt at window 3 and wait to call your name. It took mine only less than a minute

• July 30, 2014 at 3:39 am

paano pag nawala ang expired Driver’s License? Can’t renew na? O_O

• August 3, 2014 at 3:58 am

Hello Jehzeel,

In your situation, kailangan mo ng Affidavit of Loss and then sa mga LTO offices ka na pupunta or sa main to get a new Driver’s License. Hindi ka pwede sa mga Renewing Station or Kiosk.

• August 12, 2014 at 4:54 pm

May multa ba kung january 2014 pa na expired ung drivers license ko?

• August 15, 2014 at 4:13 am

Yes sir, meron po penalty na dapat bayaran kapag expired na license mo. I think PHP75 po kapag within the year, PHP150 kapag 1yr to 2yrs na, not sure kung more than 2yrs pero alam ko you will take the exam na kapag ganun

• August 28, 2014 at 5:04 am

Sir question, nakapagdrive ka pa ba kahit walang id? May kailangan ba pakita as proof lalo na sa mga apprehending officers lalo na sa mga checkpoint?

• August 29, 2014 at 6:04 am

Hello Jjian,

Kulang detalyer mo sa question mo, but here is my answer sana lang tama pagkakaintindi ko. I had, but dala ko yung receipt na proof na licensed ka to drive but wala pang available ID.

• September 5, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Hi Sir! my licensed had expired since March 2014 and had no time to renew it as I am an OFW. I am planning to go for short vacation in manila this month.
    Questions:
    – is the LTO at ayala mrt station still open?
    – License is expired for almost 6months now, will they allow me to renew my license there (ayala mrt station)? or should I go directly at the main office in east ave?
    Thanks!

• September 8, 2014 at 4:23 am

Hello Karolous,

Yes, the LTO Ayala MRT Station is still open, and yes that will allow you to renew your 6months expire. You will only pay a penalty fee

• October 10, 2014 at 3:29 am

Thanks man!

This is very helpful and you do really reply to everyone.

Good day to you!
    Cheers!

• January 22, 2015 at 6:51 am

Hi Good day!

As of this date open pa rin ba and LTO Ayala MRT stn? and near ba ito sa SM Makati? kasi I’ll be coming from Rufino, Ayala ave, I just want to know the direction.

hope to have reply here.

Thanks a lot and God bless =)

• January 23, 2015 at 1:53 am

Good Morning Eddss,

Yes, the LTO Satellite office at Ayala MRT stn is still open and it is locate in the MRT station itself. From SM Makati proceed to the entrance going to MRT station, find your way to the Pizza Hut outlet, the LTO office is just beside the fastfood store.

• January 23, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Hello Sir,

Is this branch open on Saturday? And is there any fees for late renewal?

• January 26, 2015 at 1:17 am

Hello Jumar,

I can’t guarantee that they are open on a weekend, but we can assume as LTO is a government office. Yes there a fee for late renewal:

If Driver’s License Is Expired:

1 Day to 1 Year: 75.00
    1 Year & 1 Day to 2 Years: 150.00
    More Than 2 Years: 225.00

• February 17, 2015 at 11:33 am

Sir, ask ko lang pwede kaya dito mag apply pag first time kang kukuha ng drivers license?? Thanks

• February 20, 2015 at 3:07 am

Hello Augie,

The Ayala satellite office is for renewal only, you will need to go to a LTO office near you.

• May 18, 2015 at 6:48 am

Hi sir, what if wala u g ID pero nasa akin oa rn ang resibo nung lisensya. Need ko pa rn po ba nang affidavit of loss tapos sa LTO office na talaga ako ddirecho? Salamat po

• May 21, 2015 at 2:14 am

hello Carizze,

sorry for the late response.

You can apply for duplicate ID at License Section, East Ave. QC / any LTO Agency. You will need to provide the following:

a. affidavit of loss – have a duplicate copy
    b. valid ID – have a duplicate copy
    c. application for duplicate

for more information please refer to the link below:

• July 29, 2015 at 7:27 am

Hi, my license will expire in a few months and I am planning to renew it soon. Can you tell if LTO Renewing Station – Ayala MRT satellite office will issue the card upon renewal or will they only provide you a receipt.

• July 30, 2015 at 4:27 am

Hello Tim,

From what I know, they are not yet providing ID but they are issuing receipt that will server as your temporary ID. I know for a fact from a friend that recently went back for his ID that LTO extended his receipt indefinitely.

• July 31, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Thank you for that info…. I will probably hang on with my license until it expires as this serve as my only government issued ID at the moment, do you happen to know if this receipt can be use/valid as an ID? would really appreciate if you can advise on this…

• May 14, 2016 at 5:39 am

What time nag-oopen ang LTO-Ayala MrT license renewal? Thanks

• May 15, 2016 at 2:21 pm

hello po,

I think Ayala satellite office is already close. If ever I’m wrong they are actually open by 8AM

• May 8, 2017 at 10:03 am

Pede po ba magpa renew ng student permit dyan or dapat non-pro/pro license lang?

• July 25, 2017 at 3:56 am

Sorry to inform you but the last time I was there the Ayala Satellite office is closed. Pero pwede ka magpa-renew sa ibang satellite office whether student permit pa lang hawak mo