Don’t you hate it when your being rushed to do something. Much more if it is your fault why you are in a rush.
That’s what happen to me last July 19 (after arriving after work) when I verified and found out that my passport was already 1 year expired.
It was a rushed to do everything that day to get my passport renewed, but it was a waste. For I have not accomplish anything but get tired and spend money for nothing.
Here what I should have done first:
Go to the DFA Passport Appointment System website (http://passport.com.ph/) and set an appointment. To set an appointment all you need to do is go to http://passport.com.ph/set-appointment and follow the instruction. But remember to verify every information your enter for what you place on the online application form will be the one encoded in your passport.
Got all the information I needed:
How much and how long to renew passport:
Regular Processing: Php 950.00 (15 working days)
Rush Processing: Php 1,200.00 (7 working days)
An additional fee will be charged for processing of Lost Passports if it is still valid :
- Green/MRP Passport – Php 200.00
- E – Passport – Php 350.00
Requirement for Passport Renewal
Green Passport or issued after 01 May 1995
- Present passport and photocopy of pages 1,2,3 (amendment) and last page (in reality only the front and back page is needed).
- The pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate for minor applicants.
- For illegitimate minor, personal appearance of mother is required.
For more information go to http://passport.com.ph/info/requirements/for/renewal
If you have renewed your passport before or it is your first time doing so. It is better to know where the DFA Office of the Consular is located.
The new office is located at DFA Consular Office: ASEANA Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City. Right beside the SnR building http://passport.com.ph/location-map
I must commend the DFA Consular Office for the improvement that have implemented for renewing passport. It is much convenient and faster. I timed the process from the time I with other applicants entered the building till the time I finished the process. It was just within an hour, unlike the process they had in the old DFA building.
They only have 3 clear process to follow and your done:
1. Processing and Document Verification -come an hour early on your appointment time and wait till your group are told to enter the building.There you will be queue for your documents are verified;
2. Payment -after verification you will go up in the second floor to the cashier for payment;
3. Data Encoding and Picture taking – after paying get a queue number and wait till your number is assigned a kiosk to encode and take your photo.
Then you done! It’s that fast and convenient. All you have to do next is wait till it is released. You also have the option to pick it up in the DFA office or have it delivered to your home address or office address.