May 21, 2011 – Last weekend, we had a road trip with no itinerary on mind. So it was a shoot to the moon ride to Pagbilao, Quezon. So when I saw the shrine from a far I immediately signal my friends that we will be stopping at the Kamay Ni Hesus Shrine.
Situated on the slopes of Mt. Banahaw, on a town of Lucban, Quezon where a church is also located. The shrine is widely known to all catholic devotees ans are visited during Holy Week and during pahiyas festival.
But the shrine is always open all year round.
The Noah’s Ark Park
I was told that this was a new feature for the shrine.
The Noah’s Ark that serve as a place of prayer and meditation for anyone who are in need of a quite place.
Equipped with 21 air conditioned rooms that are available for pilgrims and retreatants. Each with its own toilet and bath, and hot shower .
It also has a function hall that can accommodate large group retreats and other events. It is equipped with state of the art multimedia equipments.
The Noah’s Ark also serves healthy menu, and the popular and well-loved Lucban foods and delicacies.
I was accompanied by Jeron to climb the summit of the grotto. For the other was already complaining that they wont make it to the top.
It was a 292 steps to the top. On the way up, life-size statues depicting the 14 Stations of the Cross is displayed till you reach the summit and the 50-foot statue of the Ascending Christ —(the third biggest in the world).
WOW! It was a wonderful feeling reaching the top. All the tiredness you felt before climbing will vanish and a cool breeze of wind can be felt.
It was actually very relaxing.
Devoted pilgrims touch the foot of the statue and offer their prayers.
For Private Cars:
1. From South Super Hi-way take Calamba Exit, go straight ahead passing on the national road until you reach the
Church of Pagsanjan, Laguna.
2. Turn right passing on the national road until you reach town of Lusiana, Laguna.
3. Go straight ahead until you reach town of Lucban, Quezon
4. The Healing Church and Grotto is 1 km., away from the town proper.
1. Take a bus route to Lucena at Kamuning Bus Terminal or LRT Buendia Bus Terminal
2. At Lucena Grand Central Terminal take a passenger jeep route to Lucban
3. Upon reaching Lucban, get off at Grotto