Just got a new edition of Good Housekeeping recipe book on my last grocery. After browsing for a few minutes I got to a page were almost all the ingredients are available.
So I take out my chopping board and start preparing for Pork with Hotdogs in Tomato Sauce.
What you need:
1 kl pork, cuts into chunks
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. calamansi juice
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
6 tomatoes, cut into chunks
salt and pepper to taste
2 carrots, cut into large cubes
3 potatoes, cut into large cubes
1 bell pepper, cut into cubes
4 jumbo hotdogs, cut into large chunks
1/4 cup Del Monte Tomato sauce
How to make it:
1. In a large bowl, place pork, soy sauce, and calamansi juice. Toss. Set aside and let marinate for a few minutes.
2. In a large pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes pressing the tomatoes with the back of the spoon every so often.
3. Add pork and its marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
4. Add carrots, potatoes and bell pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add hotdog and Del Monte Tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes more.
Server with hot rice.