After an event with Carnation at Eastwood. I visited the new site Carnation site www.cookathome.ph, which is still very new. Only a few recipes in the site but I found a favorite dish, a dish every Filipino likes if not love.
3 things I like about this dish:
1. its easy to make, all Filipino know how to make adobo.
2. cooking time is just 10 minutes
3. ingredients is not hard to find, any market, convenience store or grocery had every thing you need.
Adobo made more rich with coconut milk.
What you need:
1kg pork liempo
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 head garlic crushed
1 bay leaf
½ can coconut milk
1 small can Carnation Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons sugar
How to make it:
1. Clean the pork thoroughly then place pork, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper, water, and bay leaf in a sauce pan. Boil the mixture using medium heat
2. Remove pork from the sauce after liquid reduced in half or until meat is tender, set aside.
3. Add sugar to the sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and Carnation Evaporated milk. Put the meat back in the pan.
5. Simmer for 5 more minutes or until sauce thickens.
Serve with rice and enjoy.