Last night was a night of food lovers joining together in enjoying dishes made with our favorite Carnation Evap.
One highlight of the evening was Chef China Cojuangco’s cooking. She indulge us with a Beef Fillet with Peppercorn sauce using the Carnation Evap.
I really love quick and easy recipes especially when the ingredients are not hard to find. The Beef Fillet with Peppercorn sauce is one of it.
230 g beef tenderloin fillets
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cup Marsala (It was hard to find this one in the supermarket, but fortunately, we found it in Shopwise)
1 cup chicken broth (you can use chicken broth cube melted in 2 cups hot water)
20 pcs. green peppercorns
150 ml CARNATION EVAP
1/4 tbsp Dijon mustard (or any type of mustard you like)
Italian parsley sprigs, garnish
How to make it:
1. Sprinkle beef fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
2. Melt butter with olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
According to Chef China adding olive oil with the butter will make the butter burn slower.
3. Add fillets, and cook 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Or basically when you can no longer see any red part of the beef.
4. Remove fillets from skillet, and keep warm.
5. Add wine, broth, and peppercorns to skillet; cook 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
6. Stir in CARNATION EVAP and mustard. Cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
7. Return fillets to skillet then simmer. Then serve warm.