Featured

Cherry Mobile Eclipse: Smart and Affordable

Technology has a high price, the more high-tech the phone the more it will cost. But this is all in the past for Cherry Mobile is giving the Filipino masses what they want on their mobile phone in a more affordable amount.

Cherry Mobile had always break the norms and had always given value to the Filipino’s hard earned money. Now adding a new icon in their mobile phone line-up, The Eclipse will truly break boundaries.

The Smart Phone for the Filipino

It is the age of Smart Phone (formerly known as PDA) technology. But with this technology comes with a high cost and making it virtually impossible for an ordinary Pinoy to have. Ordinary Filipino want to own a brand new smart phone not a second hand one. A Filipino want to experience to handle a smart phone not only for sending SMS or for calling but to actually surf the net, twitter while on the road, stay connected with friends via FACEBOOK.

With its latest release, Cherry Mobile is holding true to the company’s credo of delivering featured-packed phones at affordable prices, as the Cherry Eclipse Windows Phone is optimally priced at P9, 999, making it the first affordable Dual Sim Windows Phone in the market right now.

“While more and more Filipinos are becoming increasingly tech-driven, those in the mass market are inclined to shy away from smart phones, as many of them are prohibitively expensive,” commented Lonson Alejandrino, Sales Head of Cherry Mobile for Smart Phone segment.

“Before, smart phones were items owned mostly by businessmen and young executives. But with a slew of hi-tech multimedia features that can rival those of expensive brands, all in one affordable device, the Cherry Mobile Eclipse Windows Phone is definitely one smart phone that’s within everyone’s reach!”

Licensed by Microsoft, powered by Windows

Licensed by Microsoft, the “Cherry Mobile Eclipse” smart phone is powered by the latest Windows Mobile 6.5 platform, allowing users to use and enjoy PC-based Microsoft applications such as Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and Microsoft Office in one hand-held multimedia device. Its many hi-tech features include a sleek 3.2 inch touch screen, Dual-SIM/Dual-standby capability, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, threaded messaging for a chat-like texting experience, and a pre-installed Facebook Mobile app that lets users update their Facebook status in real time.

Aside from having the capabilities of a Windows computer, the Eclipse also features other smart phone capabilities such as an easy to use GPS system that provides precision mapping, navigation, and alternate routes; a unique G-sensor which allows the user to change the orientation of the screen from portrait to landscape by simply tilting the Eclipse; a 2.0 mega pixel camera; FM radio; and a special Microsoft MyPhone application which allows the user to back up all his/her phone’s contents online.

With the license from Microsoft to utilize its latest mobile OS platform, Cherry Mobile has gotten a prestigious seal of approval from the biggest software company in the world.

“With Eclipse, Cherry Mobile built on the full capabilities of Windows Mobile 6.5 and created a device that provides users with a rich and satisfying mobile experience,” remarked Danny Ong, Marketing Director, Microsoft Philippines. “

“We are one with Cherry Mobile in aiming to deliver cutting-edge communication technology to the mass market.”

As part of the tie-up, Cherry Mobile Windows Phone has an exciting treat for Twilight fans with its Limited Edition, in which “Twilight Saga: Eclipse” movie trailer and wallpapers are embedded in the phone. Plus get a free Twilight Saga: Eclipse poster and Cherry Mobile Swiss knife when you purchase the said mobile phone

The Cherry Mobile Eclipse Windows Phone is available in the market on June 15, 2010, and “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” will open in theaters on June 30, 2010.

36 Comments

• erick
    July 1, 2010 - 3:06 am | Permalink

i will buy pcs of this week ….. i will support philippines made products … and make it as tough as a bulldozer ..

thanks cherry more power to u

• erick
    July 1, 2010 - 3:08 am | Permalink

i am really searching a high end cheap durable and happilly knowing a philippine product …..

i love your cherry eclipse model , after searching for 2 weeks i finaaly found you

more power

• July 1, 2010 - 6:39 am | Permalink

Thanks Erick,

Cherry is continuing to create more affordable, reliable and top notch mobile phone for the Philippines masses.

• David
    July 19, 2010 - 7:43 am | Permalink

Are cherry mobile phones being manufactured in Philippines?

• July 19, 2010 - 7:47 am | Permalink

Hello David,

Yes, Cherry Mobile are now on their Second year in giving more affordable and capable mobile phone for the Philippines market.

• Klarence Khristoff
    July 20, 2010 - 10:28 am | Permalink

can i buy it online? how’s the delivery? do you have a branch in gensan? i like the new release triple sim.

• July 21, 2010 - 3:59 am | Permalink

Hello Klarence,

No branch in that area yet. Bu t I believe they will be one in the near future.

• isaac stanley
    July 24, 2010 - 2:07 pm | Permalink

I am so interested in Cherry Mobile phones. What is the cheapest phone you sell? How much is it? I want a phone that has a FM radio and dual sim. Thanks.

• July 26, 2010 - 12:53 am | Permalink

Wow! Finally I can see the future of Philippine technology especially this, Cellphone that was built in Window System. Very cool! Thanks CherryMobile and Microsoft. I will buy one soon.

• July 26, 2010 - 2:33 am | Permalink

Hi Isaac,

Sorry but I don’t sell any mobile phones, but I believe the most affordable unit they have is the P1 (http://www.cherrymobile.com.ph/products_inner.php?id=77&title=P1) amounting less than PHP 1000.

• Z2d4th
    July 26, 2010 - 8:52 am | Permalink

Is there any counterpart brand in other country like Malaysia?

• john
    July 31, 2010 - 6:29 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    Do you know what CPU the eclipse has? kung ilang MHz po. TY

• August 1, 2010 - 7:16 am | Permalink

The Cherry Mobile Eclipse is only Php 9,999.00

• August 1, 2010 - 7:17 am | Permalink

I currently don’t know those details, but I can get them for you. Will update you ASAP

• Steven Pinney
    August 3, 2010 - 3:24 am | Permalink

Hi TechWard,

Just a few questions, what is the Eclips’ processor speed/RAM speed and storage size?

I’m currently using a phone with windows mobile 6.1 I plan to upgrade mabagal kasi 624 MHz processor lang. and kamusta customer support after sales ng Cherry Mobile ok naman ba?

As we all know Windows is a pain in the ass when it comes to OS performance everyone would rather use Linux, does Cherry Mobile have any plans of adopting Google Android on their phones?

More power to your site, Thanks!

• August 4, 2010 - 7:50 am | Permalink

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the support. I will get back on you with your question regarding the processor speed/RAM speed and storage size. As far as customer support, they have responded great so far.

• August 4, 2010 - 7:52 am | Permalink

Hi Alvin,

Have not yet gotten a chance to hold a Q9, I’m just basing my answer form the specs and image I see. I would not say that its really like a blackberry, but for the appearance aspect it may fool some

• berto concepcion
    September 4, 2010 - 5:34 pm | Permalink

how about texting? is it text friendly. how about the keyboard is it easy to use. can i also download dictionary and bible software, and etc like other smart phones..

• September 7, 2010 - 9:35 am | Permalink

Hi Berto,

Text friendly may depends on the user, you better test it first before buying one. For me I find it normal. It also come with a stylus for the tap person. For the apps, not yet sure which link is beat to download apps. But I think you can also download the apps you like.

• September 7, 2010 - 9:41 am | Permalink

Hi Steven,

Sorry for not getting back to you faster. But hear are the specs you wanted. The Eclipse run on 416MHz NTK CPU with an Internal memory of 256MB (ROM) and 128MB (RAM) and for the external, it has a microSD expandable up to 8GB.

for the support I would say it good.

• mj68abel
    September 14, 2010 - 5:20 pm | Permalink

please help me how to enlarge the keypad of my eclipse.. . . too hard to use the default size of keypad (too small).
    thanx

• September 15, 2010 - 4:27 am | Permalink

Hi mj68abel,

Have your tried to tilt the mobile phone side ways (landscape view)? Will coordinate with Cherry Mobile to find out if there are other ways to enlarge the keypad.

Thanks

• September 17, 2010 - 2:22 am | Permalink

Hi mj68abel,

Response from Cherry Mobile FB page: gamit ka ng keypad layout gaya ng sa regular cellphone..wag yung qwerty (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=269510017442&topic=18501&post=185181&ref=notif&notif_t=board_post_reply#post185181)

Hope it helps.

• October 23, 2010 - 5:50 pm | Permalink

Can i use my cherry mobile phone in other countries or it’s only good within the Philippines?

• October 24, 2010 - 1:25 am | Permalink

Yes, Cherry Mobile Phone can be use in other country. I just bought my wife one for Singapore.

• Angelo
    November 16, 2010 - 9:14 pm | Permalink

TechWard,

We bought a cherry mobile q300 last week and there is no “SENT ITEMS” folder so I cannot go back ang check what I texted. Is there a way to add that on my messaging folder. We are also experiencing some memory overload. Does the 8Gig micro SD really work, because tha box says only 4Gig

• November 18, 2010 - 4:40 am | Permalink

Hi Angelo,

I’m still not sure about this feature on the Q300, but here is a link to the Cherry Mobile Customer Care FB page, you can drop the issue on the discussion board.

• rey
    December 5, 2010 - 12:30 am | Permalink

where can we avail of this cherry mobile trident model, ive heard its always out of stock

• Faye
    December 6, 2010 - 8:51 am | Permalink

I love my phone Q3i but I’m having problem accessing the internet. Anyone who could help me? Thanks.

• December 9, 2010 - 6:45 am | Permalink

Hello Faye,

Cherry Mobile has a Customer Care FB page, this is the best environment to get details on your query.

• kevin paul patricio
    December 20, 2010 - 7:55 pm | Permalink

gusto ko ito…pwde ko bang mabili ito??? thank you

• Gian
    December 28, 2010 - 6:03 am | Permalink

Uhmm a few questions for techward…

about the eclipse, does it have an accelerometer for auto rotate? and is it capable of full-site browsing using wifi or gprs? and last… could you help me choose? a nokia on symbian s60? or this eclipse on winmob 6.5?
    Thanks!

• Gian
    December 28, 2010 - 6:10 am | Permalink

uhmm techward.. another question… can i change the themes on eclipse? and uhmm.. where can i gat the full specs for this phone? thanks ulit ng marami!

• pepet
    January 13, 2011 - 11:09 am | Permalink

i recently bought a z5 and z9, i noticed that although i saved the name in my phonebook ,when that person sms me the name doesn’t appear.i found out that because i did not put +65. after putting the prefix the name appears already , but the problem now is when this person called, his name doesn’t appear.

in conclusion with +65 name will appear in sms but not on calls.

without +65 it is the other way around.

i wonder if you know how to fix it,i am also using it in singapore thank you very much!!

• kairo
    February 3, 2011 - 12:18 pm | Permalink

@pepet – is your z5 working good?? can you send me some pictures of its interface if its ok you can send it over here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000392494126 thanks cause im interested to buy one but got to see its interface first thanks

• Dex