A Local Gym

Before joining my current company, a medical exam is needed as a requirement. I pass the exam but the result is not desirable. I’m an Obese 1! An Obese 1! I dont know that there is a measurement in Obesity. I just know that if you’re to light your malnorished, if to heavy you’re Obese, and the other is that your fit. So I decided its time to go to the Gym, but which Gym? So i study the location and prices there offering. With all the studying, it had given me a headache so I decided to go to the Gym nearest me. So i went in and become a member.

Last Sunday was my first day and still going strong. It’s a local gym near my place. It is not like the expensive and well-known gym in the metro, but it still give the same result, it has the same equipments, the people are friendly, they tend to help others who are just beginning. Giving advise on how to improve their attitude especially to beginners having hard time in their program. The name is The Manchest Gym. (Manchest meaning chest of a man) “Build your Confidence” is the main value being teach here. It helps to boost the confidence of people not only to look good in the outside but also to feel good in the inside.

Lorenzo (Renz) is my physical Trainor who is also the one who manage a family owned business for quite sometime now, infact they just transfred from a place in the town proper of Angono to the the current place in Angono-Binangonan Hi-way. Walking distance from the Meralco office. He helps me in my program and gives advise for my diet. For now our goal is to bring my weight down to 170lbs from 200lbs. After that the next step is to sculp my body and develop my muscle. It’s a long and hard road to reach the desired weight of 170 lbs., but it worth it. The first day was tough, doing sit-ups are really hard for a guy who have a belt-bag for a tummy. But that was just the beginnning, when I woke up the following day. Everything hurts! From my abs (fabs), back, legs, and arms, I was thinking to skip a day or two before going back, but Lorenzo text me and inform me that it would be harder if I do that.

It’s been almost a week now, and I’m feeling great. Now I’m doing weights, sit-ups, and bench press, incline and decline press, etc.

So the bottom line is, it’s not the name of the gym to make you feel and look great, but the attitude the person that makes it happen.

7 thoughts on “A Local Gym

• March 26, 2012 at 8:43 am

magkano po sa manchest??

• August 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I don’t like this gym. Mabaho yung mga bench nila baka magka BUNI pa ko. Also yung mga trainor mayayabang.

• August 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm

If you are from Angono I do not recommend the Manchest gym since sobrang luma na ng mga gamit walang maintenance(yung ibang equipments hind pa gumagana) at sobrang alikabok sa loob ng gym at parang junk shop na and dating sa loob(you can check it personally). I recommend KNOCKOUT GYM sa Home Point, boundary ng angono and muzon, ganda ng ambiance and yung mga gamit mga bago, sobrang linis pa ng loob ng gym plus my 3 big treadmill for free to use, in short sulit na sulit ka sa KNOCKOUT GYM compare sa MANCHEST GYM, you can visit the two GYM to compare and you will see the big difference.

• August 31, 2012 at 3:12 am

Hi Thunder,

do you have a recommended gym?

• November 19, 2012 at 2:50 am

I also tried working out on this gym before. The Gym has a lot of space were you can freely move, but the down part is their gym equipments that are rusty and has a bad odors on their bench. Whew!

• November 19, 2012 at 2:57 am

Yes I have a recommend GYM, if you are from Angono or nearest town you can go to KNOCKOUT GYM in home point village, I also heard another great gym in town they called in GYMGIRLS(I never tried to work out on this gym) I heard a lot of positive comments there even the name of the GYM is a little bit awkward to those masculados

• November 12, 2013 at 6:18 am

Hi how much po membership sa Knockout and Manchest??? magkano din po ang pt? thanks.